Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm happy to join the group and hope to be able to tap into the collective borg for maintaining and improving a 1964 T120C that I have recently purchased on Ebay. It will likely provide a much higher level of mechanical involvement than my regular ride that I've owned from new, a 2005 BMW R1200GS. My other activities include gradual restoration of a 1953 Mercury M100 pick-up that was originally made in Canada and had the more powerful V8 long stroke side valve 'flathead' engine, the last year offered for sale.
I've been fortunate to go on the High Alps Edelweiss Tour last October but this year haven't yet ventured out much with our lousy wet and cooler than normal weather here in the Southern Interior of BC, purported to be 'pocket desert'. .
I have one question that I have as yet been unable to clarify. My T120C which should arrive in the next week (JC Motors shipping) is a one owner (the ttitle which confirms) bike from Mass.with around 25,000 miles. The owner advises the bike is stock except for mikuni carbs (the old Amals are being sent to me) and tank repainting plus steel fenders that replaced the original aluminium. The engine anf frame VIN#'s match and the DU# is all correct for 1964. I'm not sure if it's a T120C Competition Sports east coast model or a full east coast TT model with the higher 11.1 compression ratio and 54 HP.
Does anyone know how to identify the difference? It has the ET energy transfer non battery set-up. I guess I could pull the head or maybe look in the sparkplug hole with a flashlight to see whether the piston look high comp.
Anyway, glad to be aboard and looking forward to trading info and stories. My first bike was a 1965 Honda S90 and I've had many more since then!!

·
Premium Member
5,585 Posts
Good evening young man, sadly I'm unable to help with your question other than to move this post into the vintage forum where I'll bet you get the answers you need.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Welcome to the Madness!

Not really sure about your question but i guess you can research your VIN. that should help answer specific questions about your bike!

Good Luck and keep us posted on what you find!

Also we love pictures around here so when your bike arrives please feel free to drop some photos so we can all bask in the glory!

Cheers,

Joe

·
Registered
330 Posts
As Joe said pictures,lots & lots of pictures especially of engine & frame stampings... All the rest can be changed to make the bike YOU want... Welcome,cheers...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts