Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just got an email, the "Triumph Gearshop" (google it) is going under, which sucks for them, but everything they have in stock is 50% off which makes me wish I (A) needed something and (B) had money... but figured I'd pass along the news to anyone interested.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Considering their customer service was the pits, I'm not surprised they're going under. They could get an order straight about 50% of the time... so I guess 50% off is about right.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Hmmm...some good stuff - if they actually have it and will actually send it. Contemporary seats, center stands, heritage tank badges, cowls. Yeah, wish I had some dough - that I could spend on MC stuff, LOL.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd never ordered from them, or maybe I did... I don't remember, but I am apparently on their mailing list... maybe I got the tank badges from them? I have no idea.

The one thing I wish I had the money for was one of their Triumph T-shirts, the plain white one that says Triumph, reminds me heavily of the one my father is wearing in this picture:

And since that specific Atlas now has a Triumph 750 engine in it, I figured it'd be fitting... but another time.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Out of stock

:confused:

Could be just the stuff I was after (couple of shirts, sprint st screen, camo pants and axle covers) but as soon as I tried to add them to the basket all I got was an "out of stock" message.

I ordered a Retro jacket last year and they shipped out here pretty quickly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
can u believe it?

thanks for the info....i ck'd it out and was placing an order for shirts...but they wanted over $18 for shipping and handling of 4 shirts....duh, no wonder they are going out of business...

hillbilly in tx

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
...as soon as I tried to add them to the basket all I got was an "out of stock" message.
Yup... nibbs is right. I tried to select several items. Got the same thing every time.

"The ______ (insert item you selected) is not currently available. Please contact us for availability of this item."

50% off nothing will save you nothing. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Nuttin left

:confused:

Could be just the stuff I was after (couple of shirts, sprint st screen, camo pants and axle covers) but as soon as I tried to add them to the basket all I got was an "out of stock" message.

I ordered a Retro jacket last year and they shipped out here pretty quickly.
+1 on that one, same thing here.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I got something

I just got the heads up from one of the members here who knew I was looking for a short black fender. I went to the site ordered it, got the email confirmation and then called them to confirm my order. I tried a lot of other stuff but it seems to be out already.

My second shot at getting that fender, lets hope it beats my eBay experience :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I just got the heads up from one of the members here who knew I was looking for a short black fender. I went to the site ordered it, got the email confirmation and then called them to confirm my order. I tried a lot of other stuff but it seems to be out already.

My second shot at getting that fender, lets hope it beats my eBay experience :rolleyes:
After your eBay fiasco, I'm glad somebody let you know. Hope it works out this time.

Did they charge you shipping AND tax? If I remember correctly, they would always collect sales tax... even if you were out of state. WUWT?

·
Registered
224 Posts
After your eBay fiasco, I'm glad somebody let you know. Hope it works out this time.
Thanks!

Did they charge you shipping AND tax? If I remember correctly, they would always collect sales tax... even if you were out of state. WUWT?
Yep tax and shipping, I didn't even realize where they are until I noticed the tax on the order.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts