Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Ebay quality?

i need new primary chain and wanting to put on new clutch also. does this look like a pretty decent deal? anyone know anything about the quality? anyone know where i can get a better one for same or less money? thanks, Rick

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Triu...7581546QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
I assume that any brand chain I haven't heard of is made in China or worse, made in India. Do you intend to keep the bike? If you buy from a trusted supplier, they will likely stand behind their products. With Ebay you may not have that important feature. I haven't bought from that Ebay supplier. After enlarging the picture, I see the clutch springs are Barnett that I highly recommend and have on my bikes. I see that KCM is a Japanese economy replacement for the original Reynolds. Bob

·
Registered
495 Posts
I can't speak to the origin of the chain in this kit, but the seller is a good guy. His name is Jay and he's one of the mechanics in Don Hutchinson's shop. He also runs Choppahead. He spent a couple of hours showing me around the shop last month and just this morning talked me out of spending money on tools I didn't need.

Drop him a line & tell him I referred you. I won't get anything out of it but good will, but you can never have enough of that, right? :)

Ken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.