Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am about to buy a 2008 speed triple. it comes with blak fork legs. I like gold fork legs much better. is there a way of buying the parts in gold or anodizing the stock? who could do that in the LA area?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
seriously, how much are those gold fork outer tubes?

are the outer tubes for the 07 identical to the ones for the 08?

where is a good place to buy them?

thanks for your replies

·
Super Moderator
21,185 Posts
seriously, how much are those gold fork outer tubes?

are the outer tubes for the 07 identical to the ones for the 08?

where is a good place to buy them?

thanks for your replies
List price is $450 each for the outer tubes - less the BikeBandit discount through TriumphRat, $405 each.
Complete fork leg assembly under $700 list (ea) however, so by the time you take the labour - unless you're doing yourself - the whole leg is more cost effective - and makes re-sale of the black ones a more likely proposition.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Anodizing ~25 parts was around 50 euros.

The cost is in the labour of fork disassembly, whichever way you'd like to go. I'd just disassemble the forks you have and have the tubes re-anodised in the color you want.

·
Registered
263 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Timely thread, as I have been wanting to change my fork legs from gold to black. However, I'd probably have to do my handlebar too because I have a gold Triumph fat bar.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anodizing ~25 parts was around 50 euros.

The cost is in the labour of fork disassembly, whichever way you'd like to go. I'd just disassemble the forks you have and have the tubes re-anodised in the color you want.
where is a good place to do anodizing in California?

·
Registered
3 Posts
08 matte black $7500

Where r u buying your '08? There's a guy in Gardena selling one for $7500 w/ under 3k miles! His ad should still be on craigslist.

·
Registered
25 Posts
List price is $450 each for the outer tubes - less the BikeBandit discount through TriumphRat, $405 each.
Complete fork leg assembly under $700 list (ea) however, so by the time you take the labour - unless you're doing yourself - the whole leg is more cost effective - and makes re-sale of the black ones a more likely proposition.
DEcosse, how does one go about getting the Bike Bandit discount?

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
where is a good place to do anodizing in California?
I get my anodizing done at a small aluminium sign shop here in Finland. They anodize the letterings to aluminium sheet all day long and have plenty of color options. Smaller places like this tend to be more friendly and don't look down on small jobs like a cardboard box full of bike parts.

Aeroplane services also have anodizing baths, but tend to pass on small tasks as they have their hands full with big $$$ work.

Maybe call British Customs up and ask where they get their parts done? BC is located in California, right?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts