Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flying with the family from Brissie to Melbourne for the GP and just wondering about the folding chair thing if it is still a goer as we did it six years ago.
Also what does anyone think would be the best place to set up to view as I don't know if things have change there.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
If you are talking about taking a folding chair to the track, that is definitely OK.

As for the best place to view, that is a matter of opinion, but I like the bank halfway between MG corner (turn 10) and turn 11. If you want to get a spot on the fence for your folding chair then you need to arrive at the track no later than 7am on race day.

In terms of the way things are organised not much has changed over the last 10 years.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Personally I think the best view is from Siberia, but it's not called that for nothing! It's bloody miles from anywhere, and you get the cold wind from Bass Straight right in the face :)

I'll be on the main straight for the first time ever.

It's going to be packed this year so I would echo Legman, get there super early and make sure you don't leave any space in front of you. I learned the hard way one year that people have no qualms about turning up at the start of the race and standing right in front of you even if you've been within arms reach of the fence all weekend...

·
Registered
9 Posts
taking the 7 year old to the island this year, trackside campground so will give him an education. Last time I stayed track side - well what happens on tour stays on tour but it was farkin crazy. I mentioned to the trouble and strife that as the little fella is exactly that - little and a grandstand seat will gaurantee that he can see the track and she fell for it. Lukey heights here we come.

I'll be the short fat farker in the black t-shirt and casey stoner hat. Say g'day to me if you see me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
taking the 7 year old to the island this year
I'm taking my two boys (6 and 9) for the first time too, I really hope they enjoy it!

I'll be the short fat farker in the black t-shirt and casey stoner hat. Say g'day to me if you see me.
You've just described me, you got any long lost brother's floating around?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am over Belco side.
Ah, what a shame, we could have been mates...LOL, just jokes :)

I'm on the Southside. When are you heading down? We're leaving Wed morning, overnighting at Lakes Entrance then on to the Island on Friday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts