Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't see much about this under General or Gear so I figured I start one here. Any suggestion for a cool looking goggles that has a retro classic style.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Do you wear specs? If so I'd recommend you don't bother with perscription lenses. You'll forget to put your specs in yer pocket and end up having to walk around with yer goggles on!

I wear Oakly googles for everyday riding. Perfect fit with my Arai freeway and over specs. For special occasions or Vintage runs I have a pair of Aviators from Davida.

like these. (not me in pic by the way)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've seen a few pairs of goggles with the transition lenses on ebay but I'm weary since I can't try them on first. The transitions would be awesome. I've lost a few pairs of glasses by crushing them in a pocket or flying out of my pocket on the highway.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Depends what you want to spend . I have Emgos and like them . I have Halycon Mark VIIIs and like them too. Wiley-x XL-1s are great except the ear pieces like to come off in the helmet .. And Aviators are cool too. Great goggles but his strap unravelled and needed a new one . Snow Board goggles work well too. I have a set of Giros I wear once in a while and work great . 14$ at TJ Maxx . ;)

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Hey guys anyone tried these. It seems like a good deal for that price. I mean it comes with all those lenses which seems pretty cook for 40 bucks.

http://www.classicgoggles.com/goggles/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CG&Category_Code=bobster
Bobsters are great goggles . But you might be able to find them cheaper elsewhere .
I bought the Davida shades over the Bobsters . Found out the hard way the Bobsters were better . The Davidas didn't even come with any type of lense holder and want to fall off your face if you wear them as sunglasses. :ThumbsDown:

·
Registered
317 Posts
I personally DO NOT like the Aviator T2 goggles. I don't wear glasses, but purchased these anyway because they were recommended as fitting well with 3/4 style helmets. The problem is that the T2 has way too many air vents which lets in too much air (to reduce fogging). My eyeballs get blasted by all this air causing them to water and turn red.. So basically the goggles are useless to me.

Perhaps they work better if you use them with eyeglasses. I don't know.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
In My humble opinion, there is no substitute for the old classic Halcyons. I've had mine for years and wouldn't trade them for anything. :cool:
+ 1, had mine for over 20 years, dug them out of the closet last year and wear then on every ride on my Scram...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Helmets to go with googles

Gidday guys,
I have and use Halycon googles (Mk 9's ) I think. I have tried to get a helmet with a goggle strap but the only one I can find are the Davida's. These would be okay except they don't fit my head, well the Jet doesn't and thats the only one thats legal in NZ.
I ended up drilling a couple of small holes in my Shoei platinum open face and attaching a leather goggle strap retainer.
What helmets do others wear with goggles, I am after another skid lid possibly a Cromwell.
Sledge

·
Registered
709 Posts
If you lay your goggle strap out flat, inside up, and run a couple of 3-4mm beads of silicone along its length in a wavy pattern, and allow to set overnight, the strap will stay up on the helmet with no loop.
Redhawk

·
Registered
395 Posts
Gidday guys,
I have and use Halycon googles (Mk 9's ) I think. I have tried to get a helmet with a goggle strap but the only one I can find are the Davida's. These would be okay except they don't fit my head, well the Jet doesn't and thats the only one thats legal in NZ.
I ended up drilling a couple of small holes in my Shoei platinum open face and attaching a leather goggle strap retainer.
What helmets do others wear with goggles, I am after another skid lid possibly a Cromwell.
Sledge

My Fulmer V2 is a nice 3/4 helmet and has a goggle strap.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts