Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to this article in New Scientist, quantum mechanics (it's all gnomes really) just became even weirder

Schrödinger's cat, the enduring icon of quantum mechanics, has been defied. By making constant but weak measurements of a quantum system, physicists have managed to probe a delicate quantum state without destroying it – the equivalent of taking a peek at Schrodinger's metaphorical cat without killing it.
So, looking would still destroy the system but nearly looking wouldn't.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
In my youth I did a lot of nearly looking at female cousins.

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
Are you sure you want to admit that to world?

·
Registered
572 Posts
So you can probe the box, see that the cat was dead, and open it to find it still alive?

The worlds greatest living physicist - Stephen King.

Rob

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
If you believe what I say and don't question it, it will be true, but once you question it, it is no longer true.

This stuff sounds like it was made up by cheating spouses.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
If you believe what I say and don't question it, it will be true, but once you question it, it is no longer true.

This stuff sounds like it was made up by cheating spouses.

Or politicians! Kinda like you have to pass it to see what is inside it.

H

·
0 Posts
In my youth I did a lot of nearly looking at female cousins.
Thanks for posting that admission. I thought I was the only young pervert out there looking at the female cousins. Truth be told, several of them are still worth looking at 40 years latter. Oh cripes, I must be perverted.:(

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Jeeze Lo, I was just looking, dreaming and admiring middle aged cousins, not wanting to marry one. Been there 3 times already and couldn't make it work.:eek::rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Maybe someone should start a first cousins forum, although isn't there an internet rule out there already that probably applies?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts