Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my gloves starting to stink around the one year mark of daily use.

I’ve tried to wash in machine but that only helps for a couple of weeks.

Riding all through the summer in Arizona doesn’t help much either.

After years of battling with the stench. I think I finally found something that helps to dry out my gloves between the time I get home and the next day when I use them again to ride to work. Putting then on a fan!

Have been doing it for a week and my hands don’t smell as foul as before when removing the gloves.

I also just purchased a desalter solution that I plan to apply inside the gloves during the holidays when I’m not riding. Will report how that works out.

Please let me know your tips on keeping your gloves fresh. I’m really curious to see what others are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
495 Posts
Well, the best and easiest way is to not use just one pair of gloves. Wear them by season and, most importantly, rotate. Same with helmets.

Especially in the summer... you need a summer glove(s) that flows air.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Well, the best and easiest way is to not use just one pair of gloves. Wear them by season and, most importantly, rotate. Same with helmets.

Especially in the summer... you need a summer glove(s) that flows air.
Exactly, I have three pairs of gloves that I rotate because of the heat and humidity here in Florida. Also vented summer gloves helps a lot too.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What kind of gloves are you using? I’ve never had any stink finger but rotating gloves is good idea.

Dainese Full Metal D1

Since my last post I actually learned a few tricks to keep my gloves to wreaking.

- Dry gloves with fan after each ride.
- Use Anthony’s Leather Works de-salter every 2-3 months.
- Whenever possible, use hand sanitizer before wearing gloves.

With that my gloves have stayed pretty okay for the past year. They’re also nice and supple from the de-salter

Hopefully this is of help to some one, some day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts