Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently purchased a 2009 Street Triple and decided to go with Progressive Insurance to fully cover the bike. Everything seemed well and good until I read the vin number to the girl over the phone. Before we even realized it, my insurance quote had jumped up $200 a year. Luckily I asked her to repeat the total cost of the year's insurance and we caught the glitch. I know what you're thinking: that I entered the information about the bike incorrectly in the first place and the vin number corrected my errors. No! In fact, after a lot of sleuthing, we found out that what happened was just the opposite! Progressive had the Street Triple built into their system as a 1050cc bike, so when the VIN number was entered, the 675 cc's I entered into the preliminary demographics was changed to 1050cc's, increasing my yearly rate by $200. They fixed the glitch very apologetically for me, but the insurance girl was very concerned that other customers with Street Triples were being misquoted. So, if you have a Street Triple and progressive insurance, CALL THEM and find out if you've fallen victim to this glitch! More specifically, I insured my bike in the state of Kentucky, so it might only be a Kentucky thing. So, if you live in KY, be doubly sure to call and find out if you're paying the insurance rate for a Speed Triple when you have the Street.

nick

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think Geico had that same glitch for the first year or two of the Street Triple and they were associating it with the Daytona 675, so the rates were the same as a Daytona!!:eek: Luckily they fixed it. $36 a month for full coverage with Geico on my 09' R
Yeah, my Geico full coverage is about $32/mo with $1K deductible.

-Mike

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm with USAA, myself, but when I got my insurance on my '09 ST3 back in October, they didn't have the ST3 readily available in their database. It didn't take them long to find it and quote it, though. I pay $31/month with a $100 US deductible.

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
Gents, we already have a generic insurance thread or two for discussing rates in general. With that in mind, I thank Nick for his cautionary post about a specific circumstance with a particular company, and we'll be closing this particular thread for now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.