Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The day started out great,nice and sunny and a ripper of a day for a ride.My brother is home from Western Australia so we decided to go for a ride to Dargo for lunch.He rode my speedtona and me on the rock.
We got up there if pretty good time but kept every thing safe.We met a couple of other friends at the pub for lunch and had a good old chat.

The trip home was a bit differnt, fast,very fast.We hooked right in to just before Lindenow so we stop, I thought its time to get longer shocks and a new lower right Mad Dog as it is very close to being worn out from hard cornering.
I swapped bikes with my brother,him now on the rock and me on the speedy.
He was off and I hung back a bit so as not to push him on a different bike(he normally rides a VTR 1000).
About 5 Ks from home he decides to pass two cars just before a tight right hand bend.I think***** I hope he nows what he is doing.He gets past the second car and doesnt slow down much ,he lays it over and scrapes that right pipe ***** a bit and stands it up straight and shoot off the side of the road at about 100Ks .It is a built up corner and has about a 2 metre drop off and a big drain.
All I see is him and the bike fly over the edge and the his arms and legs going every were like a rag doll as he flips a couple of time be fore he hits the dirt
I get there and he is going right off.
He walked away with a small cut on his chin and a bruise across his hip and back.(he help me pick it up and push it into the trailer)
How lucky,a stack at 100+ Ks and come out with hardly a scratch

Now the bike was not so lucky

Damage=Bent front guard,headlight bracket,bars,radiator is bent and leaking,blinkers,fly screen(brackets bent)heated grips(switch)mirror,bent gear shift,clutch assembly,sissy bar,tank dented,and right engine guard bent and foot peg torn off

:evil:

·
Registered
804 Posts
That sucks Shiver but glad to hear your bro is o.k. At that speed it could have been a lot worse thats for sure. The rock can be fixed and all things considered it could have been in worse shape too.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Sorry to hear about the mishap...I'm glad your brother is okay.
Bikes can be fixed or replaced.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Sorry about the Rocket and glad bros alright. I have been thinking about adding a R3 to the garage lately.
Got to be a huge diference in handling compared to a Daytona or S3. Sometime your brain doesnt switch over as fast as you switch bikes. Sounds like the move could have been done on the Speedtona but came up short on the big boy. :(

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got to be a huge diference in handling compared to a Daytona or S3. Sometime your brain doesnt switch over as fast as you switch bikes. Sounds like the move could have been done on the Speedtona but came up short on the big boy.
To true mate.
He rides the speedy really well(a lot better than me)but you have to ride the rocket a lot different when at speed.
He is very lucky to have walked away.

Thanks for your well wishes guys

·
Registered
644 Posts
Bad news that mate :( He is a lucky lad by the sounds of it. Will insurance pay or is bro gonna fix it? As soon as he feels better, slap him :wink:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Holy fn hell,now that could have been a lot worse.Good to see your brother is ok,very kucky.Bad about the Rocket,hope there is a easy solution,if not punch him in the throat when he's ok. :-D :hammer:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
On 2007-03-11 15:34, 1050Pome wrote:
As soon as he feels better, slap him :wink:
+1000 for good measure. glad he's ok. must be a limber yoke.
sorry for the bike. sometimes they are never the same after wrecks like that.
hope it all gets back to normal.

·
Registered
Joh Bloor Special
1,408 Posts
Hey Shiver,

sorry to hear about the Rocket, but glad that your bro is OK.

I hope you can get it back on the road soon.

Keep in touch and let us know how it is going.

Cheers

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hey Shiver, pity about the bike, good news about the sibling.

Send him back to the mines and, if he's bigger than you, kick him while he's down.

All my little brothers are bigger than me and none of them can ride for siht. :-D

AA

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
On 2007-03-12 01:39, amberale wrote:
Hey Shiver, pity about the bike, good news about the sibling.

Send him back to the mines and, if he's bigger than you, kick him while he's down.

All my little brothers are bigger than me and none of them can ride for siht. :-D

AA
Hes bigger,Im 6'2 and hes 6''7,but i weigh more :-D

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is fully insured,my brother will pay any extras.
I have sent him back to the mines,he flew out this morning at 10am from Melbourne and starts back in the mine on Tuesday.
Will let you no how I go with the big pig
Cheers

·
Registered
361 Posts
Mate, even if there was more damage to the bike, your brother is cool. Insurance will do the rest

I know how hard it is to pull a cruiser around a corner, at least it wasn't a wall/pole/oncoming car that slowed him down rather quickly

i wonder if he will ever overtake another car on that bike (if you even let him ride it again... lol)

Anyway, considering everything he had luck on his side

Andrew

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
A hard lesson. I hope all are better soon.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts