Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anybody looking for a robust luggage option on the street twin, I found a pretty awesome solution in the Givi Trekker Dolomiti series of luggage. I didn't think it would work with the upswept exhaust on the street twin compared with the T100/T120, but it turns out there's just enough clearance. Parts you'll need:

-Givi PL6410 T100/T120 side case racks
-Triumph A9758329 (grabrail mount kit) OR Givi SR6407 Street Twin top case rack
-Givi Trekker Dolomiti 36L side cases (I got the new style which has the wire release system, removable in 2 seconds without opening the case unlike the older version)

The pictures make them look a little bigger than they are in person. They're still pretty large on the bike, but it doesn't look totally out of place in person. The amount of stuff you can fit in there is ridiculous! There are 30L cases available that might look more proportional, but they're about an inch taller in the vertical direction when mounted which may hit the exhaust. The 30's also open on the side which is a lot less convenient in my opinion. To fully mount the side racks, you have to get either the triumph grabrail mount kit (for the t100/t120) or the givi top case rack. I'm still waiting on the triumph grabrail kit (backordered) so I just stuck the case on there to show how it clears the exhaust for the picture.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Because somebody will probably ask, that is in fact a T120 comfort seat in brown (highly recommend) and a street scrambler bar (with street twin heated grips).

One more note: I initially installed the British Customs turn out exhaust tips because I was 100% sure the stock exhaust would interfere with the cases, which I was wrong about. They sounded good, but I'm not a fan of louder exhaust so they'll be going up on the classifieds soon (dm me if interested, just trying to find a home for them).

·
Registered
55 Posts
I like GIVI luggage. I installed a fairing on my 17 street twin. The extra luggage space will make the bike perfect for day trips.

Thanks HSS I didn't know that you could fit the GIVI system on the Street Twin.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I installed the Parabellum Fairing. The fairing works out well. I wear a face shield on my helmet during the winter months. Long rides will not wear you down with the upright riding position, and fairing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts