Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to the RAT NET I just purchased a used 2000 Sprint ST with 49,000 miles. It is the Sapphire Blue color and is in pretty good condition. I does have some cosmetic damage on left side from a tip over in the gravel by the previous owner. It came with side bags, Marsse tank bag, heated grips and a throttle meister.

I just rode it home about 150 miles to my home in the mountains of Colorado. I am a tall girl with 35" inseam. My test ride the bike felt fine but after 150 mile ride I did notice my legs were a little cramped. I think there are peg lowering kits so I may look into getting one for my long distance comfort. I also noticed it was running rich and my son who followed me home in a car could smell the gas when I was riding. If you keep it in the lower RPM range it starts to bog with accelerating indicating that it is running a little rich. Once you get the RPM above 4,500 all seems OK. I also can hear what sounds like sand in a can from the top end when I reduce the throttle. The sound stays until you increase the throttle. The sound is very easy to hear and has me worried that something may be amiss on the top end.

Other then that all seems pretty good. I am going to look at the air filter and see if that may be causing it to run rich. If I get brave I may even pop the valve cover and look into the rattle sound.

I am also not sure about the ECU mapping and if anything needs changed for my high altitude environment.

Any of you Sprint experts have any guidance for this new Triumph Girl it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Bryanna :D

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Welcome! Check too the fuel connectors. There was/is a recall on them. If they haven't been replaced, they are past due. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, Matt here in CA on ST 1050 (2010). I too have some long legs, and ended up buying some peg extensions (MFW) from Twisted Throttle. The problem is that the brake and shifter are now too high for me to get my size 14 boots on top of w/o lifting off the pegs. If you did resolve the leg room problem, please let me know how.

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
Welcome, enjoy your Sprint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts