Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having just bought myself a '95 Super III, I've signed up here to absorb some of the collective wisdom on all things Triumph, in other words, gidday.
It's a 23,000 mile American import, with a Triumph stainless/aluminium 3 into 1 exhaust, bike appears otherwise standard to my untrained eye.
I've had numerous Japanese bikes, 2 BMW's and a 900SS Duke but this is my first Triumph, so here goes!
Cheers.

·
Banned
141 Posts

well you got as great bike, ive got a 95 and a 96 super111, the 3 into 1 is not oem, they came with a 3 into 2 with twin carbon fiber cans, and loads more carbon goodies

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well you got as great bike, ive got a 95 and a 96 super111, the 3 into 1 is not oem, they came with a 3 into 2 with twin carbon fiber cans, and loads more carbon goodies
Yep,has all the carbon-fibre gear, and I thought they came out with twin pipes.
3in1 has a Triumph plate rivetted to it with Sebring on the end cap and a pipe like the black hole of Calcutta.
Did they make any updates from '95 to '96 model? (2 of them - sweet).
Cheers

·
Banned
141 Posts
super 111

Yep,has all the carbon-fibre gear, and I thought they came out with twin pipes.
3in1 has a Triumph plate rivetted to it with Sebring on the end cap and a pipe like the black hole of Calcutta.
Did they make any updates from '95 to '96 model? (2 of them - sweet).
Cheers
no they did not make any changes in the 3 years the made them 95 to 97 , and they only made about 500 or so of them,, also they have a cosworth made motor, vs the other 900 cc bikes with hinkly motors,, all in all you get some more bhp, aand trq,, just hope you dont have to do a major overhaul,, parts are always in a indef back order,.. a good bit of parts from the other triples will work in the motor, but with loss of bhp and trq, ,,

·
Banned
141 Posts
oh yeah

Models manufactured in 96 have shorter fork stanchions so the tops of the forks are just above the yolks
there is a inch and a half diff ,on them,, ,,also the 96 rotor carrier is gold, whereas the later is matt black, and i might be wrong on this , but i think there was a little bigger set of main jets in the 97, i think they are 130-128.5-130, which is what i have put in both of my other triples. works well with custom exhaust, and pods..

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Hi,

Welcome, and I am sure you will enjoy your 'rare' Super III. Fyi, the Sebring 3-into-1 exhaust was offered as a Triumph Accessory for the Super III and I have attached below the parts page for you.

It is true that Cosworth were brought in to lighten the machine, and it is down to them that you have the carbon bits. They also produced new lighter crankcases too, which were then rolled out through the T300 range after the Super III, as the old moldings were wearing out. In my own mind I am not sure that Cosworth had any further involvement with the engine (some head work - Mmmm perhaps?) as the use of the high compression pistons and 'red' cams already existed in earlier models, and just needed packaging into a 900 triple. Interesting topic, and hopefully all the details will come to light one day?

Anyway, the differencies between the model years. Did the last model year of the Super III migrate to having Keihin carbs fitted, like the other T300 models? This may explain the 130/128.5/130 main jetting mentioned by 'dphex'? Would the Mikuni carbs have had 125/120/125 as their standard main jetting?

Fyi, on my Sprint, I have the Triumph/Alcon 6-pot front brakes (from a Super III) - they are fantastic!

I am sure you will enjoy a great bike.

Best regards,
Geoff

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Greetings

Hi Ruamoku - greetings from another occasional kiwiland (Blenheim)contributor. I've just got the bare bones fireball orange speed triple, ride mostly in the weekends and find the bike bursting with personality - particularly after a number of beemers. If you cant find what you need on this site then it hasnt been invented or experienced - the experience and anecdotal truths lurking herein are indeed invaluable and freely given. Presume you have bought one of the two super 111s listed recently on trademe? Hope you are enjoying it to the max.

Cheers - Kiwigeoff:D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hi,

Welcome, and I am sure you will enjoy your 'rare' Super III. Fyi, the Sebring 3-into-1 exhaust was offered as a Triumph Accessory for the Super III and I have attached below the parts page for you.

I am sure you will enjoy a great bike.

Best regards,
Geoff
Hi, thanks for that Geoff. Yes, I've since discovered the Sebring story on this site (have been here into the very wee hours - so much great knowledge and info).

Gidday KiwiGeoff, had a mate with a black S3 when I had the Duke, loved the agro look of the Trumpy.
Yup, it was the ChCh one on Trademe. Am waiting for the weather to improve, for a bit of hooning!

Cheers, Pete :YellowWink:

·
Banned
141 Posts
3 in to1

Hi, thanks for that Geoff. Yes, I've since discovered the Sebring story on this site (have been here into the very wee hours - so much great knowledge and info).

Gidday KiwiGeoff, had a mate with a black S3 when I had the Duke, loved the agro look of the Trumpy.
Yup, it was the ChCh one on Trademe. Am waiting for the weather to improve, for a bit of hooning!

Cheers, Pete :YellowWink:
hey , i just wanted to know if you like the way the3 to1 ,sounds feels, ive thought about doing that to one of my triples , but have never seen or rode one wiyh that set up, my daily rider super 111 ,now has a custom set up with scoripion street extream cans,"made for a busa", and i love the sound,, kinda like a buell with deep under tones,, , , ive got some on a thread somewere in here,, when you get to put some miles on her ,let me know how you like ,, thanks d

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Were Keihin carbs fitted to the Super III?

Not sure about the carbs,just been out to have a look cant see any writing on them apart from made in japan

Hope this helps? The links are from other members' albums. The Mikuni carbs are from a T300 (although obviously being fitted to an earlier Triumph).

Geoff

1 - 13 of 13 Posts