Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know who the ghost rider is? What country does he ride in? Has he been caught? I love this guys stuff, wish i had the balls, or at least ride half as well. The guys insane but man can he ride.

·
Registered
377 Posts
In an interview with PB motorcycling magazine, Patrik Furstenhoff, Swedish Wheelie Team Member and widely accepted as the Ghost Rider himself, had this to say:

"We saw a movie called 'Getaway in Stockholm', which is a car chase movie. But it's all made up. We couldn't believe the world was raving about it. The policeman was actually a body builder, he even had baggy pants on. It wasn't real. There's a hardcore of riders and drivers in Stockholm who do this for real, but yet the "Getaway in Stockholm" movie was a rental car pretending to be a police car and it was all in the middle of the night with empty roads. You can print this; it was sh*t. And we made up the Ghostrider as a big 'you suck' to the car guys."

[ This message was edited by: odium on 2006-11-30 11:27 ]

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
They're addictive. One o' these days I might even get around to buyin' the DVDs.

And he has a sense of humor. Check out the first part of this 'busa video :-D

·
Registered
885 Posts
On 2006-11-30 11:27, odium wrote:
In an interview with PB motorcycling magazine..

"Getaway in Stockholm" movie was a rental car pretending to be a police car and it was all in the middle of the night with empty roads.
Yep, those roads are totally deserted and that car obviously came from the Avis Rent-A-Cop-Car dealer..

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
that green turbo busa is SICK!
i bet that guy wasn't trying to wheely at all. what a fun ride!!!!
wonder what the top speed is? amazing...
-b

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Ha. I didn't even know they were doing a movie of the comic until I went searching around Youtube for "Ghost Rider" and kept coming up with this Nick Cage stuff.

I think I like the psycho Swedish guy better.

·
Registered
321 Posts
On 2006-11-30 12:46, bluesjeans wrote:
On 2006-11-30 11:27, odium wrote:
In an interview with PB motorcycling magazine..

"Getaway in Stockholm" movie was a rental car pretending to be a police car and it was all in the middle of the night with empty roads.
/quote

Yep, those roads are totally deserted and that car obviously came from the Avis Rent-A-Cop-Car dealer..

That movie is his (GR) anwser to the car "get away in stockholm". The car version is late at night,nearly empty street and a rental cop car.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I don't care if the chase videos are staged or not. That guy has some crazy skills on a motorcycle. It takes some serious balls and talent to lanesplit at over 220kph AND survive again and again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts