Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm not yet 50 and after an hour on my speedy my shouders below my neck are in knots and don't know if leaning forward or leaning back more would alleviate the prob.

mike
Had a similar problem back when I began working at a desk full-time. I found that if I dropped my shoulders it would relax those muscles and the pain stopped. Gave up the desk job for other reasons, though.
JR

·
Registered
107 Posts
Only a bit off topic,

The riding position on some of the custom bikes bars forward, feet forward, low seat, makes a person look ridiculous to me, back curved over like some old lady with a bad case of osteoporous. :???:

That can't be good.....but then they're not for cruisin' but lookin' I guess..

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Just found out my previously mentioned Florida dirt racer buddy has had both knees operated on and is awaiting artificial knee joints-he still has the Kaw and Yammie. He did sell his sailboa(a racing cat) that he was really good with in competition. Anyhow at least he still is able to ride his Honda and the other two speed bikes. He got the cruiser to ride easy with his wife. Old bikers are tough people. Bet on that.
I find myself still in relatively agile condition getting ready to put my Tomasselli clip ons on my Speed Triple. (Approx 132 rear wheel HP. ) Do it while you can! I can alway take them off but they do go with the rear set pegs!! Cruiser??? Not yet!

[ This message was edited by: HiVel on 2006-12-21 18:56 ]

·
Registered
219 Posts
On 2006-12-18 15:14, DrEnglish wrote:
...well, who isn't? But something has happened recently. I used to hate cruisers. Now, I keep thinking about them. My wife has pointed out that I've recently slipped into the cruiser demographic, and that maybe this is to be expected. There was something else that I was feeling older about, too, but I forgot what it was.
I'm 60 and still like sporty bikes, if I ever consider a cruiser I'll know it's time to quit riding.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Older... Ya so I thought...

Used to race a bit when I was "younger" and typically had 4-5 bikes in various states of "vultured" condition in the garage. Dad was a tinker too and that is what got me into racing. "Hey if I got two TDs, would you want to race them". Well TDs, RZs, YZs. FZs, CBRs, GSXs, Desmos and 30 years later I decide I am not riding my Ducati(s) enough and I feel BAD. Bikes should be ridden has always been my way, so I sold the 916, then the 900ss. Have a baby...

Two years go by, my wife says "you read all the mags, go get a bike. You've always had a bike". GREEN LIGHT!

What to get? We run into a Brit Car Club in Santa Barbara wine county... Hmm, Dad always had a Norton, rode brit iron, I like to wrench... Get a classic bike, fix it up and ride the heck out of it. Na' " I'm too old for that now". I look at Harleys, Metric Cruisers, Victory, I don't ride fast anymore, I need to slow down.

Harley, good group of people, organized rides, lots of events. Metric Cruisers, start every time, you meet the nicest people on a..., Victory Hammer? I go to a dealer, he also sells Triumphs. Whats this... A TBS, decent price, standard ergos, nice sound. It's sold, they don't make them anymore... Whats that, a Thruxton, I know the name from the tracks racing heritage. Like the look (I was and am into Rockers, cafe etc) great price point. Research, find this board (2004), talk to people, buy a Thruxton.

Old, yeah, and I'll slow down too! Started to think about racing the Thruxton, my boy likes motorcycles, sticky tires, mods galore, looking for a Triton or BSA again. Take a break from playing baseball with my son cause he wants to ride his "ATV" and help me clean my bike. We are going to Laguna GP this year, we are watching the Ilse of Man highlights on DVD, he smiles at me. He is 4 years old, I am 48, we are both grinning. Old... Nah, just happy.

Merry Christmas to you and yours and a healthy, and safe New Year.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.