Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
Can't let this go without any response. Carlin was great- a genius and a beautiful human. I'm missing Studs Terkel too. Another one of a kind American.

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't let this go without any response. Carlin was great- a genius and a beautiful human. I'm missing Studs Terkel too. Another one of a kind American.
Thanks Nort I ran across the site by mistake and I just had to post it. I remember years ago seeing him walk out on the Gong show. It was a fluke he was on a near by stage. With out saying a word he had everyone in stitches. He was great. :D

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Carlin

Thanks for posting that Lee, I've been a lifelong fan of his and seen him three times on stage...he kept the audience in stitches for the entire show.
He was an amazing thinker and made you look at things from a different angle in a way that would grab you and make you see the absurdity of some of the things people do.
He will be missed but thanks to his films, we can still enjoy him.

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
I can remember listening to a record of his and laughing my guts out at his "hippty-dippty weather man" routine when he was clean-shaven and had short hair.

Does that make me old? :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts