Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had their saddle redone using temper foam?? Like the stuff in the temperpedic beds.

Have a local seat builder that will refoam my saddle using this material. Would custom fit to my rear end. Supposed to relieve pressure points, hot spots, etc. I know there are some questions about getting harder in cold weather and softer in hot weather.

Anyone that has had this done did you find the temper foam an improvement? Thinking of doing this as alternative to buying a aftermarket seat.

Good/bad comments appreciated.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I have a friend who had it done to the seat on his American Ironhorse Chopper. He says it is a huge improvement.

·
30,296 Posts
This is a great idea. I am planning on having my seat reupholstered by a local shop that advertises bike seat work - might see if they have done anything like this.

Good one!

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
My friend with the Ironhorse had it done right at a motorcycle show. It took about 1/2 hour.

·
Registered
150 Posts
had my seat done on my 07 america and it took about 90 minutes with test run over railroad tracks and man hole covers..havent found it necessary with my R3TOURING yet..but would not hesitate if it becomes an issue...definetly less expensive and rewarding!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems that most folks have had this mod done to cruiser seats rather than a more I guess you would call the Tiger seat sporting. I can see the benefit to a wider seat like the America that already cup's your rear end. The Tiger you sit on and around rather than in like the America. (hope that makes sense).

Have a Corbin with Backrest on my America and it's awesome.

Price wise it's not that cheap at $425.00 for both seats (955i Tiger is two part seat) so I am hesitant to make this move. Like the thought of custom cut for my rear end but it's seems a high price.

Thanks for the input, will have to mull this one over some more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts