Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Are these no longer available? Surprised they have been discontinued already..

Just did a quick search and found at least one on ebay, didnt spend much time looking for more but I bet you'd find some either slightly used or new unsold inventory

·
Registered
29 Posts
Got one on my 07 T100 to replace the flat seat.I find it better but the original is the hardest seat ive had in 38 years of riding.

·
Registered
123 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I just sent my original T100 ironing board seat to Spencer. It should be back later in the week. I can't wait. The gel seat(OEM) I purchased for my air cooled was awful. I thought it was worse than my foam original.
I will follow up once I get the mod back.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just sent my original T100 ironing board seat to Spencer. It should be back later in the week. I can't wait. The gel seat(OEM) I purchased for my air cooled was awful. I thought it was worse than my foam original.
I will follow up once I get the mod back.
I looking forward to hearing what your experience is. I've given a lot of thought to sending him my T100 seat.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I looking forward to hearing what your experience is. I've given a lot of thought to sending him my T100 seat.
Spencer upgraded my AC T100 seat in 2017, huge, huge improvement in comfort, no change in appearance (which is what I wanted). About the 3rd time I rode on the new seat, I realized I had gone 1.5 hours without squirming around or thinking about the seat once. I upgraded in the offseason because the time required all depends on shipping and his backlog, but he had it back within a week. He seems like a great guy, very customer focused. Price was much less than a new seat.

After 2 years of riding it has held up great. While I've heard the gel seats can get hot in the summer, the upgraded seat has been totally fine in hot weather. Spencer will ask for details like where exactly do you sit on the seat, your weight, etc., because he uses various foams to get the best result for you. At first I was apprehensive about shipping my seat off and hoping for the best but it was a simple, straight-forward experience. Details are on his site.

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts
Are these no longer available? Surprised they have been discontinued already..

I've got one I'm no longer using...good condition. What's it worth to you?

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
I have heard the gel takes a bit to get used to. I bought one for my wife's Thruxton when i was looking for a lower profile seat (shorter by a cm and a bit). Not much different in my opinion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All, ....I am looking for Thruxton seat and or cowl : Standard or Gel ... anyone one got one for sale in excellent condition ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi All, ....I am looking for Thruxton seat and or cowl : Standard or Gel ... anyone one got one for sale in excellent condition ?
I have one on a 2010 T100. Excellent condition. $200 shipped to a USA address. Dave Norris Gastonia, NC [email protected] Pay Pal
Image uploading. Refresh page to view
NC
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

1 - 17 of 17 Posts