Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day All,
Can someone give me some feedback on the Triumph pillion gel seat or recommend another brand. I'm quite happy with the standard riders seat but the wife is looking for something a bit more comfortable. Thanks

·
Registered
705 Posts
I have both Gel seats fitted on my 06. The rider's one is a marked improvement and I only start to fidget if I've been sat on the motorway for mile after boring mile (only did it once!). In normal riding it's excellent.

The passenger seat has been tested by my wife on longish trips. Compared to the standard one, there is a slight improvement although I don't think it's anywhere near as much a difference as with the rider's seat. The pillion Gel seat feels quite firm when you press your hand on it which is a good thing for longer runs.

Apart from my wife, I've taken a 6ft+mate (probably 14 stone+) with no complaints. I think your wife will find the seat 'a bit' more comfortable, Ozzyjeff

Jon

and she's done longish trips on the standard fone too

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Haveing seen many posting on here about gel seats,thought well you've got try so i bought a pair last year,used for a few shortish trips around the 300 miles neither of us could tell much difference at the time,left till early this year when we did some longer journeys!!!,we had two weeks on the road German GP and then on to Bruno for WSB,did a nats under 3000 miles which mostly was done in four different days of 500 miles and the other 1000 in odds and sods.

Nothing unusual about the trip or distance pretty normal!!!,i bet it took the best part of three weeks after we got home before my backside recovered,sold the gel seats and put the stock one back on pure bliss!!!,maybe for short journeys ok but long distance,not a snowballs chance in hell!!!.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I agree the winger on this one. Gel seats are utter*****. I bought the pair after our first france trip. Apart from looking slightly better and somehow feel a bit narrower our bum-endurance was similiar, or perhaps less, than the stock stock. they are hard when cold and roasting when sunny.

Bought some airhawks now- they are very good indeed!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hmm have read the comments and must say I disagree.
Being on the economy side of 18st bone dry, and having done many long trips on my 03 I think the gel seats are a life saver. Mind you, to get the best benefit I fit my seat on the highest setting. As the Tiger seats you in an upright position you need to spread some of the load onto the thighs. Otherwise any seat puts a load on the nerve that runs through the ass bone and you will feel it.
For me, the standard seat is a form of torture. So buy one second hand and if its not for you then ebay it for what you paid...... Easy. :hammer: :hammer:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi There,

I had the gel seats on mine, and I didnt like them. Sure they were better than standard, but still not great. I ordered a Corbin and now all is rosy in the botty department.

She-who-must-be-obeyed, who is especially happy with it!

Cheers,

Dave.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts