Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Has anyone here in good ol' blighty had a "Gel Pad" fitted to their bike seat.

Who do you recommend and how effective was the addition.

The seat on mine is an awful lot better (4,000 mile's) but still not acceptable after more than a couple of hours.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Geoff.

·
Premium Member
2008 Bonneville Black
12,581 Posts
My T-100 style seat is really lousy after 28,000 miles. Once I feel I have the money to spend I'm going to have Spencer at http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php re-pad it and use the supracore.

In the meantime I bought a fake "gel" car seat pad at Wal-Mart and trimmed the guts of it to fit, and put a Alaska Buttpad sheepskin pad over that. Not my original idea, I got it from someone else here, forget who. But it works pretty great.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Now then , if you can have a go with the solo rack and seat kit , its the best one i have fitted yet ( after fitting four others ) . Its still all right after three hours in the seat i have found . :) ..

·
Registered
198 Posts
What's the next best factory seat after the single/rack seat? I've read a bunch of threads and it seems the next best is the Contemporary version except I see it's not gel. On MADSS they list a gel seat but no pic so not sure what this one is like. Thoughts?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Now then , well there is one which i use when the wife come out with me , and it is a Gel seat . Its off the Thruxton called the Dual Touring , part number A9700135 , it also takes the Thruxton back pod when your not two up and it fits right on and its not bad . :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Now then , well there is one which i use when the wife come out with me , and it is a Gel seat . Its off the Thruxton called the Dual Touring , part number A9700135 , it also takes the Thruxton back pod when your not two up and it fits right on and its not bad . :)
Thanks, I'll check it out!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I tried a corbin, then a triumph Alcantra Gel. Sold the corbin. Sent back the Alcantra - I had asked Triumph USA how much gel, and they actually said it was solid gel. It wasn't. Sent it back. Now they tell me its proprietary information. So they are selling a comfort product without telling you what's in it.

Stripped the OEM seat, and stuffed an old gel pad in. Did a couple of 700 mile days, 3000 in two weeks. It works. Not great, but works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts