Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I would like to know what type of gearbox is this, and what motorcycle (year, model) would it have been originally on. The gearbox is not with me, but I am attaching pictures. There is the number 115709 on the casing. Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Joseph

Attachments

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I'm not very familiar with the pre-unit bikes but I 'think' you have a transmission that was used from 1959-1961 on the 6T, T100, T110, TR6, & T120. The little chrome cover held on with two screws in the middle photo indicates that it might be a slick shift transmission. When you move the shift lever, it disengages the clutch so you don't have to pull it in by hand. I 'think' the number is just a casting number for the case.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jim, would appreciate any other views as well as advice where I can find information regarding disassembly, parts list and a source for spares.

Regards,

Joseph

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies. If the gearbox is the slick-shift version from 1959-1961, would the majority of internals be compatible and interchangeable with the earlier models 1945-1955?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts