Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys
Just wondering if anyone uses one of these(http://www.innobike.de/en/sureshift.html#Daten) on their Bonnevilles? Im actually curious which one would be compatible with an 08 black. Because the Bonny is so quiet right now with stock exhausts im havin a bit of trouble knowin what gear im in. I usually shift by feel but id be a little more comfortable with a shift indicator. any help would be great
thanks
DC

·
Registered
10,209 Posts
Or put a tachometer on it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i didnt mean that one specifically. I was just using it as an example. I was trying to find one that works on a Bonneville. I just think it would be helpfull.

·
29,945 Posts
If a gear shift indicator is your thing, you should go for it. If you add one, make sure you post a thread on how you did it. It's not a mod I would do, but I'd be interested to see how someone did it, just because of my natural nosey attitude.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
It would be nice to have, I'm getting old and forget how many times that I've shifted.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah its just that all my other bikes have had it and im just used to having it. That same company makes a tach with the gear indicator built in. It seems they only run off of electronic speedos. Im sure once i get used to the bike(winter sux) I wont want it as much. Its just comforting to have for me. Its kinda like that old friend ya have that nobody likes but you just cant stop hangin with them...........

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
I have it on the 'RT and I have to admit that it comes in handy now and then. It's really nice to have when downshifting more than one gear at a time. It's nice to be sure what gear you end up in before letting out the clutch and finding out your one gear too high for your current speed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have it on the 'RT and I have to admit that it comes in handy now and then. It's really nice to have when downshifting more than one gear at a time. It's nice to be sure what gear you end up in before letting out the clutch and finding out your one gear too high for your current speed.
yeah thats true. Ive done it before

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
Hey I don't even have a tach...
I really don't see the need, unless you're racing...

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Hey I don't even have a tach...
I really don't see the need, unless you're racing...
I agree - you don't really need it racing either. The less that distracts me from what's in front of me the better. I rode for a while with no gauges at all [speedo included] and it focused me more on operating the machine. Just bought a mini speedo recently and purposely got one with no idiot lights.
I'm breaking the habit of looking at things that distract me from the most important task! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts