Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
About a week ago gear changes started to become stiff and then very difficult. I could still change gears (slowly) but only after tapping the gear lever down very lightly.
I could see the gear selector shaft wasn't returning and found the suspected issue is a common thread here.

So I took it apart and it was indeed the "Spring Comp Selector, T1190118". Rang around and ordered a replacement and all required gaskets. But.. the ETA for the spring is 4 weeks.
Sweet Geebus !. Sometime S3 parts are available, but sometimes its a several week wait for Triumph parts :(

Tried Bikebandit, says parts can be shipped in 4 days but... $80 shipping fee !!... for an $8 part.
Messaged a place in South Africa, 2 in the US and 1 in Denmark to see if they have in stock.

US shipping costs are a real buzzkill

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I had to make this same repair on my bike maybe a year or so ago, think it took me a week or two to get parts, just be careful when removing the old spring not to drop it into the oil pan. Not a bad job though and you won't lose too much oil in the process if you have a stand for the bike.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I ordered the part locally as the ETA was incorrect when I originally queried it.
Got here Friday and then found the part is wrong. The actual spring need is shown on the diagram but unlisted ?.
Will need to ring around and find out the part number.....weird.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The mystery continues...

I have the part off and I can see the part on the diagram (gear selector diagram) but its not numbered / listed ?.
I cant see it on any other diagram either.

Does anyone know what the part number is by any chance ?.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
325 Posts
That sucks, maybe order both the shaft and the street triple spring to see if they match up?

Have you checked the parts diagrams for older models as they might list the spring seperately?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers, I thought about it but this approach is more likely to just fix it tbh.
Its been dragging on for weeks now... plus the part was available (already in Oz apparently).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts