Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay... so im reading in my little owners manuel about changing the gear change lights. Cause honestly.... the lights kinda bug me doing their thing at 3500rpm..... makes me think im redlining the ***** thing!

So I must ask.... what RPM do you guys set your lights at?

·
Registered
231 Posts
My dealer told me they would do this for me when I brought the bike back in after 600 miles.
I thought he said something up near 6k but I was in a daze that day, picking up a new bike does that to a man.

You are not planning on bringing in your bike for the 600 miles checkup, mystery oil drain? or did you already do that and they didn't change the lights?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
They are not difficult to program. Of course, I haven't even changed the clock from daylight savings time. :blush:

·
Registered
919 Posts
While I was going through breakin I set them to the limit for each stage of the procedure. Now they are set at 9500 (I think). It is trivial to do yourself, just read the manual.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I set mine for 9K after running past the shift lights (which were set at aroun 6K and hitting the rev limiter a few times.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya... I read the manual and its a really simple thing. Just wanted to see where others had set there.

As for the little sticker that says RPMs for certain miles for break in... I pulled it off and tossed that thing. Im taking it easy on the motor.... but being firm with it. Just running it up and down through the gears in order to keep from RPMs varying. Gotta get those rings to set nice and tight!

·
Registered
692 Posts
I like the 9K setting also.
Great spot to shift and not lose power bouncing off the rev limiter.
Non stop, Break neck pull. :cool:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yeah, I got mine set for 9500 or so. I wish they were across the top and not down the side, though. If you're looking down low enough to see the lights, then you're eyes are far enough off the road to just look at the needle a half an inch to the left.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts