Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

Glad to have found this Triumph Forum.

My name is Jalal from Sydney and I bought myself a 2003 Triumph Sprint ST 955i as a touring bike around October last year to ride from Sydney to Phillip Island to watch the MotoGP.

I bought it as a second bike with the intention of selling it straight after the above-mentioned trip, as I ride the Suzuki GSX-R600 around Sydney.

After the 2,900kms round trip I did on the Triumph, I fell in love with the bike and have now decided to keep it and sell the GSXR instead

I was amazed by its performance and handling on the twisty bits of the road and that is with a super heavy load at the back with all the camping gear and other stuff for the trip.

Anyway, I bought the bike really cheap and it had 43,000kms on the clock and plenty of stone chips. I fixed all that and my mate re-sprayed the fairings for me and the bike looks brand new again.

I do have a question relating to the Genuine Panniers which I will post in the corresponding forum, but for now....Cheers for having me and I look forward to being part of the forum. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
783 Posts
Welcome Jalal. Your bike looks great. That mileage is nothing, especially considering the bikes age. I was at the Island for the MotoGP. Great weekend.:D

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome Jalal. Your bike looks great. That mileage is nothing, especially considering the bikes age. I was at the Island for the MotoGP. Great weekend.:D
Thanks Marty. I can't wait to do it all again this year and it's promising to be even more exciting with Suzuki coming back to the MotoGP to add a bit more flavour to it. Did you camp there?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Welcome to the forum!

Great story! We do love our Triumphs here. The Sprint ST has a very strong following. I am sure you will have years of riding pleasure on that motorcycle.

Cheers!
Thanks mate ;)

P.S. A very close friend (and rider) of mine is moving from Sydney to Alabama in a couple of weeks with his partner. They're Dutch and he's already exploring the riding options over there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts