Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, there was a lot of hubbub regarding the new HD Nightster from a couple of days ago. I notice, among many likes and dislikes, that the gators were not that popular with most of you on the HD. I don't know if they are right for that bike, but I was planning on putting a set on my Bonnie when it gets here. Are they not attractive, for the most part, on any bike or was it directed only toward the Sportster? No big deal, just curious....I think it adds a really nostalgic look. Then again, I think it depends on the bike they are on, too.

[ This message was edited by: Butcher on 2007-01-31 17:20 ]

·
Registered
589 Posts
Count another for dislike of any gator, especially if it is coming at with mouth open. I especially dont like the Florida Gators, and I sure still cant believe they manhandled Ohio like that! :razz:

Nathan

·
Registered
241 Posts
Another vote for gaitors. Love 'em on a bonnie and agree they look cool on the nightster.

Man, this discussion reminds me of a girl I knew in high school nicknamed "Gator." Had to do with her ability to swallow large objects . . . . :tasty: Whoops. Gotta go. I'm startin' to feel funny in my pants just thinkin' about her . . . .

SaltRat

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am in the process of blacking out all the shiny bits, and gaiters are a functional way to cover a bit of bright.

And I like the way they add dimension to the front of the bike.

[ This message was edited by: mybluett on 2007-01-31 19:27 ]

·
Registered
300 Posts
I NEVER liked gaiters(sp).....

but they're sooooooo Bonneville!

I wouldn't have it any other way, GAITERS!!

(Is there a right way to spell it?)
:???:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have set waiting to be mounted on my Bonnie...I think it adds character to our bikes :cool:

·
Registered
581 Posts
yes, look guys, a 'gator' is short for alligator, or we call them crocodiles down here (well, they're not in NZ, but certainly in Northern Oz). The one we want is a 'gaiter' - an ankle or lower leg covering.
Well, that said, I like Bonnies without 'em, but my Scrambler has 'em stock and looks very fine. - cheers, Pat

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
I think they are a perfect fit on my Black Bonneville :-D

·
Registered
893 Posts
A gator and a croc are two different critters. Well, the same only different. A gator has a broad snout and a much better disposition, not good, but better.

Never had croc, but a gator tastes just like chicken, if a tad chewy.

If the gator is blue and orange and its number after the game is smaller than say, ohh, a Seminole, then their disposition is not unlike the "terrible twos".

Ohio should be ashamed to let those guys run over them the way they did. I'm beginning to believe the talk on the street about, well, you know, you've heard it.

Dennis :-D

[ This message was edited by: wonderdog on 2007-01-31 21:16 ]

·
Registered
209 Posts
Gaiters or no? You make the call:

My Kamikaze CB500/550:

My CM450E bobber:

My Bonnie Black:

Do I detect a theme? :-D

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
We don't have 'gators but we do have crocs - vicious animals, really quick and known man eaters. They are probably more feared by rural folk than the more stereotyped man eating lion.

I have gaiters on my Thrux to offset the polished forks and the chrome headlight and bracket. Of course it's a personal thing.

·
Registered
116 Posts
With! Got 'em on mine cos they are practical and look right. I think a bonnie looks wrong without them (IMHO)
I hate the look of those plastic protector things too!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts