Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I went out for a ride today on my 2013 mag wheel Bonneville and noticed my gas tank shaking back and forth pretty badly. Spun it around home to check things out and found that one of the rubber tank bushings that slip onto the frame is missing. I have one on order from the dealer but it won't arrive until next week. Has this happened to anyone? I am looking for some ideas on a temporary solution.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,740 Posts
Once in place and tank bolted up I can't see how the rubber mounting can escape. I'd guess it was lost when the bike was last serviced and the tank removed.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Once in place and tank bolted up I can't see how the rubber mounting can escape. I'd guess it was lost when the bike was last serviced and the tank removed.
I was thinking the same thing - not much in the way of escape room if the tank was fitted properly.

I have a few kicking around in the garage (I occasionally like to buy those teardown bags of bits on Ebay), but probably couldn't send until Monday. Hit me up if the order is going to take longer than anticipated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I must have knocked it loose the last time I had the tank off. I put a few little rubber wedges in the open space and all is well. Thanks

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Local auto parts store I'm sure you could find something that would match up close enough. IF too big you can cut it down to size.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts