Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know right off if there is any Japanese bikes that have the exact same gas cap bolt pattern as the Sprint?

I kind of like the new Dryver luggage from Cortech. I already bought a mounting ring for my V-Strom to adapt my Luggage Locker bag to it, but if Cortech made a tank ring for Triumphs (they do not yet), I might purchase the Dryver tank bag.

·
Premium Member
2018 Kawasaki H2 SX SE, '73 Yamaha RD350, '74 Kawasaki H1E 500
2,047 Posts
Does anyone know right off if there is any Japanese bikes that have the exact same gas cap bolt pattern as the Sprint?
I took a quick look at the Bags Connection gas cap rings like the one I have on my Sprint. For 5-screw pattern they list the same ring for Yamaha, Ducati, Triumph, & Victory. Unfortunately the 6-screw pattern for our Sprints is listed for Triumph only. From that I'd conclude that nothing is a direct match - although that doesn't mean you can't mod something that's close.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to everybody for the input. I kind of suspected from a quick look earlier that the Triumph 6 bolt pattern might be unique.

Bruce, Apex is the dealer I use and I just bought the Dryver tank ring for the Strom from them. Perhaps they could help me with this.

I emailed Cortech a month ago and they said the Triumph was not supported; I suggested that they might consider it seeing that Triumphs are selling pretty well as of late. I don't have to have the new tankbag, but it does look like pretty nice stuff.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thats exactly what I ran into when looking at the Cortech. and with 2 Honda's and a Triumph I went with the Bags connection from Twisted throttle.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bags Connection

I know I am probably the odd duck with the Bags Connection tankbags, but I tried two Engage Sports in a row when I got the Sprint. I really did not prefer the Tank Locker.

When the Engage Sports came, the recessed area where the mount goes was not sewn straight into the bag itself, resulting in a crooked fit on the tank. Twisted Throttle did not disagree. Anyway, I know most people are very happy with them and they are a good option for multiple bikes. The Luggage Locker not so much, but I made it work for both bikes.

Didn't mean to turn this into a tank bag thread but, here's how I did it. http://www.stromtrooper.com/685972-post17.html

·
Registered
44 Posts
I know I am probably the odd duck with the Bags Connection tankbags, but I tried two Engage Sports in a row when I got the Sprint. I really did not prefer the Tank Locker.

When the Engage Sports came, the recessed area where the mount goes was not sewn straight into the bag itself, resulting in a crooked fit on the tank. Twisted Throttle did not disagree. Anyway, I know most people are very happy with them and they are a good option for multiple bikes. The Luggage Locker not so much, but I made it work for both bikes.

Didn't mean to turn this into a tank bag thread but, here's how I did it. http://www.stromtrooper.com/685972-post17.html
Good idea,
I have two of the Daypak II. But it occures to me one could just buy the tank and bag mounts and find a tank bag in the size/ shape/ price you want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts