Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang - I just installed Flash2Pass Garage Door Opener.
I posted up details in the BikerHang-out to open it up to potentially wider audience - http://www.triumphrat.net/biker-hang-out/112366-flash2pass-garage-door-opener-system.html

One of those things I've been meaning to install for the longest time & finally got around to it - when you have it you wonder why it took you so long to do it!!

Great system, hearty endorsement from me. Love it!

·
Registered
263 Posts
thanks for the info. I emailed Mike and got the $60 deal. the thing is awesome, works great. however it was a pain in the a$$ to fit the thing into the headlight bucket.

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Ahh, I just stuck mine under the tank with some 3M Urethane double sided tape.

Glad you like the product - it is a really convenient gizmo!
That's how I mounted my $30 Lowe's remote. It's easy to punch and the door is open before I get to the driveway. You can see the white buttons above the brake fluid reservoir

·
Super Moderator
22,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...I just peed my pants watching the first video in this thread! ...
:p You have to watch the original (serious) Autoswitch video to appreciate the parody even more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXgC5keQGtw

And the parody that 03Speed3 mentioned:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C-Bxifv2Pk

Note that Autoswitch is NOT the same thing - although similar in execution - as the Flash2Pass
Autoswitch still requires a remote to which it needs to be integrated.
F2P is stand-alone fully integrated system.

·
Registered
171 Posts
When I bought a Genie opener back in '02, I got a rebate for a free keychain remote. I've been using that ever since. No need to mess w/ the vehicle electrics or headlights. You'd think it would get beat up hitting the triple tree all the time, but in nearly 7 years it's worked perfect.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I can't manage two keys without scratching things :)

I just installed the F2P and also managed to get the trans in the bucket...not easy, but it works!

·
Registered
113 Posts
This would work wonders for me, however, my roommates always decide to park their cars directly in front of the garage, (without enough space between them for a bike) just before I get home...

Fortunately, they leave the keys in em, and I get to look really, really cool-driving a Chevy Cobalt out of my way, wearing a riding jacket and a full face helmet... Tough!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for sharing the details with us, I bought one for myself recently. Chamberlin Smart Garage Door Opener MYQ-G0301 is the best garage door opener I have ever owned. it got myQ Enabled by default, This best chain drive garage door opener doesn't need any upgrade to be done to utilize the application. also, it's easy to install Chamberlin Smart Garage Door Opener over WIFi, there is No Additional Charges needed, Guest Access also available.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts