Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used one of these? I scratched my rotor when trying to break the bead on my front tire. I can probably polish the scratches out, as they are not deep, but while checking on factory rotor prices, I found one of these for a little less money. On the Sprint forum, there is some discussion about the application list being wrong on the Galfer site. Has anyone either experience with these or other brands they would care to share with the rest of us?

·
Premium Member
5,170 Posts
I have no experience of Galfer, but I would advise you to steer clear of EBC rotors. I bought a pair a few months ago and the quality of the finish is poor, and they just sort of look "cheap".

·
Registered
84 Posts
rotor

Unless those scratches are really mega, I'd try using the inbuilt special Triumph factory-fitted disc polishing fitment.
It's called putting the brakes on!
And I concur with Slinky, EBC quality does leave a lot to be desired, unless, unlike he and I seem to, you don't ride in the winter, in which case they might be ok.
The appearance of the EBC's isn't a patch on, say, Beringers, but they DO work well.
Try looking into fitting a Thruxton Bonnie floater if you have the mind, OEM quality is not bad.
Triumph seem to think they don't fit, but I have used a genuine Triumph floater, wore it out, then fitted an EBC, it has lasted longer than the OEM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts