Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

New around here, but lurking around for some time.
Thanks for costing me a bunch of money on mods. :-D

I just installed the BC Euro Gaiters and went great. However, I noticed that when I'm coming to a complete stop, the brakes squeak now.
They aren't noisy as I brake, but that last foot before coming to a complete stop, they squeak.

any advice? do I need to make any adjustments?

thanks and ride safe.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
I recommend next time you pull the front brake caliper, you might want to remove the pads and coat the steel backing plates with, for lack of a better name, 'anti squeak'. I use a product called Brake Grease .... it's pretty tacky. Apparently it keeps the pads from vibrating against the brake pistons, which is typically the source of the noise. Does anyone know the trade name for this stuff?

Bob

·
Registered
426 Posts
I think its just called .. well.. brake grease. Apparently everyone understands you don't put it on the face of the pad or on the disc... but if you don't, yeah like please don't do that. Its purpose is to prevent squeel and its put on the back of the pad where ever it contacts anything else, more or less.
The surprise I got on installing my gators was that they fart upond being compressed by braking.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, guys.
I'll look in to it.

I was just wondering if there was an easy solution since they weren't squeaking before the install, but now they are.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
The most commonly seen product in local supply shops is something called "Diskquiet"
you remove the pads and put a line of the stuff across the back, where it contacts the piston, then put em back together. all you can do is torque the caliper down to spec, which I think is 28nm
G

1 - 5 of 5 Posts