Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend the busies are out in force:( Small plates, loud/illegal exhausts, making progress, will all be punished:mad:
Dont say you hav`nt been warned.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I used to go to Wales a long time ago, had some great times there. I'll be spending my cash somewhere else this Easter, but i dare say the Police or the 'Road Safety Partnership' will be out everywhere collecting taxes...

The last time i got nicked for speeding i was overtaking, i said i was using the bikes acceleration to put myself in a safer position on the road. The plod then asked me if i was trying to be 'funny'.

There used to be some 'common sense' with the Police, now i'll be glad when they're all replaced with cameras...

·
Registered
382 Posts
We ride in North and Mid Wales most weekends. The police presence is predictable and they are looking to maximise fines and revenue. So keep away from the obvious spots like A55,A5 and Betwys-y-coed. There's still great riding to be enjoyed in Wales. Also it'd best to enjoy the twisty roads rather than blast down fast roads which is only asking for trouble. I would also keep aay from the coast as it will be busy with holidaymakers and the dreaded caravans.

·
Registered
351 Posts
When I was near the welsh borders recently I saw a flyer in a cafe advertising a website - www.walesbybike.com.

It was attempting to make bikers welcome in Wales ! On looking at the site there is a very useful link that lists all the safely cameras sites.

Unfortunately the site only covers south and mid wales. Still, might be worth a look if you have a pre-planned route in mind to these regions.

JJ

·
Registered
705 Posts
I found the best tactic in Wales is to get up really early - 6am - and head off for a spirited blast. You'll be home before the Powerrangers get out of bed for their afternoon ride, which is when the best revenue can be earned.

Jon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts