Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes, some birds really like TV. Rowdy has several favorite shows, but the worst (for me) was this game show that was on several years ago called The Weakest Link. Hard to remember how it went exactly but the contestants had to answer questions, and the host was this red headed woman dressed like a dominatrix.

She went completely crazy during that show. She would yell things so loud that everyone learned not to call me if it was on. She even went crazy if a commercial for it came on, or ha ha, it was on a TV in the background of some other TV show. It wasn't on very long and I'm sure she misses it. She also likes to yell at Judge Judy, and has a crush on Kelsey Grammar (hence the Frasier song)

And something all birds seem to like is music. They all like to dance, and many like to sing. I'm sure you can find many videos of dancing, singing parrots on youtube. If you want to befriend a parrot, dance and sing for it. And the worse you are at it, the more they seem to enjoy it.

So the Lyre Birds can't do music or talk? Well, they are still pretty funny.

·
Banned
4,433 Posts
See the movie Stripes.

You've seriously been asked those questions?
Oh yes. The baby was actually the most reasonable, as he was of an age that he was all swaddled. But they had just seen us shooting the muskets...

Want some fun? Google "funny reenactor questions".

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Doesn't everyone get stupid questions though? One of the most common I get, unbelievably, is "Do you let your horses come in the house?" Oh, sure, yeah. 1200lb spooky animals that are 100x stronger than people couldn't possibly do any damage in the house, right?

For those thinking, oh, come on, how many times have you heard that one, let me say at least 50!

·
Banned
4,433 Posts
Well, my Grandfather is one of the few people I know that if asked, "Were you born in a barn?", could truthfully answer that in fact he had been.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well, my Grandfather is one of the few people I know that if asked, "Were you born in a barn?", could truthfully answer that in fact he had been.
When my mom would ask me that when I was a child, I would say, "I don't know. I don't remember." It wasn't the right answer:eek:

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
Pub Horse

"Do you let your horses come in the house?"
Whaddabout the pub? This is Silverton Pub, where a horse lived and freely wandered in and out of the pub. He died a few years ago and was buried in the pub's yard.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
This is what would happen in my house if I let the horses in: Malone would get scared of something, rear up, hit his head on the ceiling and fall down. Anything he landed on would be destroyed.

Roxy would jump around, squeal, kick stuff off shelves, and then go tearing through the house, wrecking everything in her path. She would have fun doing it, but I wouldn't find it fun at all.

Rowdy is a 12" long bird who weighs a whole 5.5 ounces. If I didn't watch her every second she was out, the whole house would be destroyed, lol! She does have that can opener on the front of her face though.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Wow, thanks, Sparky! Those are beautiful parrots! I don't even know what they are so they must not be commonly kept as pets.

In case anyone is wondering, Pete is doing very well and seems fully acclimated now. He is very funny, and both birds are getting along great! I think I was very lucky to find him:)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts