Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody!!

I'm a newbie here on triumphrat, I drive a speed triple '06 (from septembre)...fantastic bike, I must say...

maybe the fuel consumption is a bit high, but that's just because the bike wants to just go go go go go :)

I have a specific question, according to my dealer, there's a meter on the onboard computer that starts couting the minute the fuel warning light lights up....

But how do you activate this?? :(

thanks!

BlackCBke

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
My 05 doesn't start count'n down anything. I know what you're talk'n about, my R1's had fuel trips. When the low fuel light comes on, a auto-fuel trip pops up and starts counting the miles. Sorry, haven't seen anything like that on speedy. I think yer dealer is mistaken unless it's only on the 06's? :???:

·
Registered
684 Posts
My '06 doesn't have that function and there's no allusion to anything like it in the owner's manual. Your dealer is just mistaken.

·
Registered
321 Posts
On 2006-11-21 03:09, BlackCbke wrote:
Hello everybody!!

I'm a newbie here on triumphrat, I drive a speed triple '06 (from septembre)...fantastic bike, I must say...

maybe the fuel consumption is a bit high, but that's just because the bike wants to just go go go go go :)

I have a specific question, according to my dealer, there's a meter on the onboard computer that starts couting the minute the fuel warning light lights up....

But how do you activate this?? :(

thanks!

BlackCBke

Take some pictures of the display. Start with the clock and post them. I still don't believe there's an extra function on your triple.

I know the 675 has a lap timer as an extra. Started by pressing the starter button while driving. I really think your dealer is mistaken it for an other bike.

·
Registered
452 Posts
On 2006-11-21 10:35, Curmudgeon wrote:
My '06 doesn't have that function and there's no allusion to anything like it in the owner's manual. Your dealer is just mistaken.
A dealer that doesn't know what they're talking about?
Say it ain't so!!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok

people, you were all correct, my dealer was mistaken...:s:s:s

fockin'.....

now, new story, I called Triumph Netherlands yesterday, they backed up your story, my dealer was incorrect,
now Triumph said that the distance meter you have on your display displays the distance you are able to drive until you have to refill it....

so, you go to the gasstation, fill up the bike, this meter jumps to 0 (which does not happen, according to me) and then displays your distance till your next fill up...

I think this is also BS, but I will call them back today!!!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Do they have something like April Fools day in November over there :-D

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
man, ya oughta just say screw 'em and move here to the states. Everyone is straight up here, I even have some ocean front property I could sell ya in Arizona! :-D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK

just got of the phone with Triumph
they were wrong... :) :)

It's on the sprint that you have the meter...

I said nothing! :)

tnx for the replies!

·
Registered
542 Posts
I always use the trip (1) to alert me to my fuel needs. Just set at "0" when I fill up and about 120-30 miles I know the fuel light will come on then I have about 40 miles before I need to fill up.
Ray

1 - 14 of 14 Posts