Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the tank for painting, but I didn't pay much attention to where the tubes were routed, figuring the service manual would clarify. Stupid me. Its pretty vague.

Although I have a CA model, I don't seem to have a carbon canister (or else I'm an idiot and can't find it.)

Do both tubes just go straight down to drain out the bottom of the bike? One is significantly longer than the other, which seems silly since the connectors are right next to each other.

What goes where?

Thanks!

·
Registered
112 Posts
They both go together right next to the gear shift pedal. They drain at the bottom of the bike. No canister. Make sure the bleeding tube is not clogged. This is the small tube that starts from the rear left of the fuel tank.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
The other one might be shorter because previous owner/dealer has removed tipover valve + the piece of hose from there downwards. The tipover valves are know to block and cause all sorts of fuel starvation and tank vacuum problems.

I'd replace the shorter one with a longer piece and run both to the ground. Short tube might drain fuel spillage to the top of a hot engine, which does not sound too good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts