Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is a REALLY dumb question but I picked up my new 2009 T100 a couple of days ago and can not for the life of me find the Fuel Tap! On p36 of the Owner's Handbook there's a picture of it but no indication of where it is on the bike. Since these bikes now have a low fuel warning light, I'm wondering whether they no longer have a tap to switch to reserve. The handbook also talks about a choke so I'm assuming that Triumph didn't bother to update the book for the EFI models!
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
You're correct - there is no fuel tap on the EFI bikes. On the carb bikes it's on the left side of the tank towards the back. I guess the low fuel light takes the place of a reserve position on the tap you don't have. I use the trip meter as a reasonably accurate fuel gauge myself. You do have a "choke" in the same place as on the carb bikes - black pull out knob on the left-hand fake carb body. In your case it just raises the idle speed a little to help with warm-up, rather than richening the mixture.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks PAAS, I guess I can stop looking now! Good to know that I'm not totally stupid. You'd think that Triumph could have at least removed any mention of it from the handbook!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts