Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quick question on my 1997 1200. I removed the fuel tank to replace the filter for the first time and boy there are a lot of hoses going everywhere (being a Californian) and I am having a little trouble being sure I have them all hooked up correctly.

What would help is to know where the smaller vacuum hose that comes off the fuel taps ends up. Does it go directly to the canister or somewhere else? (There are two other fuel hoses that also come off the tap and over to the carbs.)

·
Registered
653 Posts
It goes to a carb. Look on the radiator side of your carbs. Three have black caps and one is uncapped (the nipple are vertical). That is where the hose goes. Your bike won't run long without it, unless in PRI.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I've decided to remove (plug) all the extra hoses that go to the California only fuel vapor capture system and see how it runs.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Fuel Hose Size?

Hiya all. I am new to this forum and found the endless and fountain of knowledge here being fantastic! So, to break the ice and open the bottle of champers, I thought I would ask my first question

I want to replace my 13 year old fuel and vacuum hoses on my trophy 900 96' BRG, but I can not find any reference to the sizes and as I dont have a means to measure, I thought I would ask the only the best people!

I hope to hear from you all soon!

·
Registered
3 Posts
my vacume hose goes from the right hand (sitting on the bike) carb to petcock, the centre nipple is capped and the left seems to be vented to the rear of the bike but the connection is missing.. can I just cap it, you would not think it would be open vented? daytona 900 93..

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
my vacume hose goes from the right hand (sitting on the bike) carb to petcock, the centre nipple is capped and the left seems to be vented to the rear of the bike but the connection is missing.. can I just cap it, you would not think it would be open vented? daytona 900 93..
I think that you are correct. If the hose isn't connected to anything, the port should be capped. On my '98 Sprint, 2 are capped, and the 3rd has the hose to the petcock.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Normally carbs 1&2 are capped and #3 is the one that activates the fuel petcock. It doesn't really matter which carb activates the petcock, but the #3 carb vacuum port is easiest to get to and you can see if the hose falls off. On my bikes the #3 carb activates the Scottoiler and #1 & #2 are connected together and activates the fuel petcock. So look and see where #1 vacuum port is going to. Maybe it is powering a Scottoiler.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts