Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I don't plan on being here long
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the fuel capacity on an 04 T-100? Don't have an owners manual for this year. Also, what is considered decent mpg for this model? Seems I'm getting around 40 or so but I really haven't been outa town with it.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Sorry about the foreign measures but..... capacity is 16 litres which is approx 4 1/4 US gallons, I get 200kms/125miles before filling up. Still have that bit in the rt side of the tank left though. Looks like I get about 30mpgUS on my 2002 T100 but I have to confess that I can never remember how much gas I put in when I fill it.

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
30 seems low to me. Both my Harleys get 40+

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
I have had 50mpg out of my '05, average a good 45. Lots of tuning with an AF gauge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Sorry about the foreign measures but..... capacity is 16 litres which is approx 4 1/4 US gallons, I get 200kms/125miles before filling up. Still have that bit in the rt side of the tank left though. Looks like I get about 30mpgUS on my 2002 T100 but I have to confess that I can never remember how much gas I put in when I fill it.
Forgot that the total includes about .6 gallon in reserve so I am a little bit better, so I'm maybe 34 mpgUS.

·
Registered
11,039 Posts
I get about 40 mpg (US gallons).

I can do almost exactly two round trips to work, about 130 miles total, before I have to turn on the reserve, so that's about 3.2 US gallons (12 liters) of usable capacity before reserve.

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been hitting reserve at about 130-135 so I guess I'm in the ball park. Good to know. What about running 87 octane gas? Sometimes that's all we have out here in the sticks.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
I've been hitting reserve at about 130-135 so I guess I'm in the ball park. Good to know. What about running 87 octane gas? Sometimes that's all we have out here in the sticks.

I always run 87. Plenty of posts proving it makes no difference running higher octane.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts