Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to remove my fuel tank, i found a link from a few pages back but i have a question.

On the left and right side of the tank behind the 'cheeks' of the tank (or more discriptively, on the inside of where the 3 tiger stripes are on each side there appears to be a hoses into the fuel tank. These are separate to the fuel pump connectors.

What are these hoses for?

and

How do you remove them so to remove the tank completely? :???:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi boocat,

You shouldn't need to remove those hoses to remove the tank, they connect the front of the tank to the rear of the tank and lie outside all frame members; so the tank should just lift off, complete with the hoses.

I think they are probably there just to equalise the fuel between the front and the rear of the tank; the front and back of the tank are lower than the middle, so if you didn't have the pipes there you would end up with a pool of fuel at the front of the tank which you wouldn't be able to use :wink:

Cheers,
t.

[ This message was edited by: tcowjww on 2006-12-02 18:37 ]

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
tcowjww is right. These pipes are useful if you need to drain the tank (eg to give the fuel gauge sensor a fettling). You do need to make sure you don't trap them when you refit it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts