Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is with the deepest embarassment that I even ask this, a search revealed nothing. 2000 sprint, I had the fuel tank off for the last week to perform a valve adjust, among other things, I now have the engine reassembled and the airbox seems firmly fitted but the fuel tank grew about a half an inch while it was dazzling my dining room table.

The tank is 0.5" longer than when removed, all the grommets are in place correctly and the hoses are all out of the way and it slides down fine, if I force it back far enough to almost line up the front than the rear mounts wont line up, even w/o the grommets its to far back. What am I missing? accepting all laughter but hopefuly imbedded in there will be an answer. Thanks

Tony

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That helps a great deal, it confirms my suspicion that the tank is a living breating being that grows exactly when you dont want it to, its cooled off this evening, going outside to see what I can do. I must have had my search off a little.

THANK YOU!!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yahoo!!!!! I did it. Finally I am able to help some one after I myself have been helped by some many others on this site.

Ok....whos the man? :cool:

Thats right baby... Oh I will remember this day as the day that I shined brighter then all the rest. LOL

just glad I could help.

Shawn

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YOU da man!!!

you helped! I went outside and the bolt holes are closer, not quite there yet but well on the way!

Tony

·
Banned
918 Posts
Put it in the refrigerator for a few hours and then take it out and mount it.

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
Good job complex. It's nice to be a wealth of knowledge!! :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It worked, the frig trick worked, barely but it worked. I put a properly chilled tank onto a bike basking in the sunshine. another 1/32" of an inch and I would still be stringing profanity together in brand new ways. But its complete now

Thanks for that wisdom

Tony

·
Registered
55 Posts
Good deal. Im really glad that it worked. Man this site has huge amounts of info. Im glad that its available.

Shawn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts