Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, servicing a new to me 2000 955i ST. Great bike but the rubber breathers are very perished and fell off as I took the tank off, few questions if I may.

Assuming the two top breathers 1 and 2 are just that and run straight down, where does the lower line go, 3?

Secondly, the air box sensor B, goes to the ECU had a blank in the line to block it - is this standard, a mod, good , bad?

Last, does anything go to A?

Thanks, know the KLR inside out and getting my head around the WR but only had this for a month or so and just getting it stripped and sorted, when on one quick ride after I bought it and ended up doing 450km - it's a nice bike to ride, that's for sure. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2000 Speed Triple 955i
947 Posts
3 is the fuel pressure regulator, it is connected to the airbox (on the nipple you've marked A) as standard but it makes no real difference and the connection was deleted on later bikes. Same for B, stock is connected to the ECU but provides no real benefit and was deleted on later models.

You can either reconnect them or block off the nipples on the airbox to stop unfiltered air getting into the post-filter side of the airbox.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3 is the fuel pressure regulator, it is connected to the airbox (on the nipple you've marked A) as standard but it makes no real difference and the connection was deleted on later bikes. Same for B, stock is connected to the ECU but provides no real benefit and was deleted on later models.

You can either reconnect them or block off the nipples on the airbox to stop unfiltered air getting into the post-filter side of the airbox.
Beautiful, thanks. Appreciate the info.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I learned something new - none of my bikes have that spigot (marked A) on the air box. No wonder I thought nothing connected to the regulator.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
+1 on the plastic fuel fittings! They (especially the female one in the tank plate) will break! Search 'fuel fittings'.

The two nipples on the tank bottom are for the 'tipover valve' and the fuel fill 'scupper' drain. Both hoses would have run almost straight down and hang below the transmission. Check the scupper drain for mineral deposits that may have clogged it. A small finger-driven drill bit will clear it out easily.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers for the replies, have ordered the metal fittings. Any tricks or a link to replacing them? Did filters and an oil change - these things have massive sumps! Happy with the new ride all looks pretty good, big ride tomorrow if the weather holds. Thanks again: ride safe.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Yes, pick up new fuel injector line from an auto parts store and you can get the crimp fittings at a Harley dealership.
Might as well do the fuel filter at the same time AND when the plastic breaks off in the plate heat up a screwdriver, plunge it into the plastic, let it cool off and then you can unscrew it. Use Loctite PST (or similar) on the threads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts