Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This might seam like a stupid question and I think I already know the answer but I would rather get the input of other experienced riders.
I have the luxury of having a gas station nearby that has 100% gasoline (93 Octane), that has no ethanol added and I would like to know if I need to add gasoline stabilizer to this fuel during winter storage? I believe I will because the gasoline will start to break down over a few months of being in storage. Thanks in advance everybody.

H

·
0 Posts
Just one page back is a thread: ten reasons to care that E15 Ethanol is on the way to your gas station.
It is not in response to your question but in reading the entire thread you will find folks who talk about and offer advice about "pure" gas, octane and how to prep your gas for long periods of storage. Good reading. Be safe, ride safe.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
This might seam like a stupid question and I think I already know the answer but I would rather get the input of other experienced riders.
I have the luxury or having a gas station nearby that has 100% gasoline (93 Octane), that has no ethanol added and I would like to know if I need to add gasoline stabilizer to this fuel during winter storage? I believe I will because the gasoline will start to break down over a few months of being in storage. Thanks in advance everybody.
Dude! Sell that sh!t on EBay. It's pretty rare stuff! I'd be buying it all up!

Oh Yeah, please do put stabilizer in it. Seafoam works well and there is also Stabil too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts