Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted: 2005-12-26 09:06
Give me a chance guys, Christmas and all. I'll get some measurements to you.

stevecro, I wouldn't flatten it. Use a 6mm in the hat, spring side and a socket that will support the mounting collar. Sure, you can up the pressure and ride like that with no problem at all. I did for a long time.

Don
Hey big Don, how about those measurements for us........this was LAST Christmas! :-D

· Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lets see you watched someone else change your countershaft sprocket and your wondering if you should attempt to modify an engine control unit where accurate measurements are necessary and the outcome could adversely effect the way your bike runs if not done with care and precision. You admit (proudly I might add) to being the real life Fraiser when it comes to mechanical work around here. :knkknk:

Now, think about your question again. :roflmoa2:

you should watch! :lgh:

· Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm with Rodney here! That's the way we should be doing it, but most don't have the gauge available let alone one with the necessary quick disconnects to plug into the tank while the bike is running. (we're to cheap!) But I think I'll NOT try beating on it with a hammer while it's still mounted to the tank! :wow:

Have you got a link, because I'd like to read about it anyway to see how many think this the mod to do.

[ This message was edited by: Stlakid on 2006-11-29 15:23 ]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.