Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´ve got an old chopper T-120 with Morgo 750 kit..there´s a single amal carb on..it starts allright when i tickle the carb but after a while it dies out....seem that there´s no fuel coming thrue...Could it be changing the exhaust to longer endpipes ? should i run dual carbs ? Grateful for any help.....:)

·
Registered
518 Posts
boiling the carb??....never heard of it. please take a moment and "enlighten my boiled carb horizons".....Tom

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like the carb is gummed up; needs to be totally overhauled and "boiled" properly to get into the tiny inner passages.
I´ve heard of ultrasound cleaning but never "boiling" Please could you explain how to boil the carb...Thanx for the help.I had the carb in pieces the other day and cleaned everything with brakecleaning is there any part that needs extra attention...I went through everypart to my knowledge...Maybe i need to rejet and get a more effektiv aircleaner...the one i have is the old style with a simple net inside....I´m stuck here...Thanx...:)

·
Registered
411 Posts
l'm looking at the latest prices for Amals ( www.amalcarb.co.uk) and a new 900 series is £78+ 15%tax and delivery or about $90. If the float setting is correct and if your not sure , better too much fuel cos then you'll know its the jets or not, Its as the man says blocked jets. The metal on Amals is so soft, l reckon them to be a disposable item like brake shoes and oilseals. The carb the concentric replaced , monobloc is ,by our members opinion , a better carb but more expensive at $150. What l hear very little of are the mk2 2000 series, these look very Mukuni, does anyone have experence of these are they easier to jet and set up , more reliable or just a flop?.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts