Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To get that damned fuel line connector off I usually twist it around a bit vertical, pinch the indents hard with the thumb and finger and wiggle it off. Remember before you get the connector off not to raise the gas tank beyond the height of the supplied support or you may break the fuel pump spigot (that will really make your day).

-When I got the gas tank off I noticed that the wiring harness on the back of the air box was snagged and a wire with a bare spot was showing which I taped up. I noticed that the rear bolt on the fuel pump snagged the harness when lowering the tank. When lowering the tank you need to push up on the harness with your finger until the bolt is past the harness. You also need to push in on the harness on the left side cos sometimes the gas tank catches on it. If the gas tank is not going down smoothly do not force it but check where there is interference; it can save you tracing some wiring shorts. - Wayne

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
That's good advice as there is not much room under that tank for all the wiring, fuel and vacuum connectors. That fuel line is a real bugger. The key is too get the orange cover off to the side then pinch that connector to loosen. Do all this while you have the other hand holding the tank up.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Yeah - it's a real clusterfvck under the tank. I know they didn't have a lot of choices to hide everything on a naked bike, but I wish more of the electrical stuff would have been mounted under the seat. It's too cramped under the tank and all the connections are at risk, and hard to get to when out on the road.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Don't forget the rag....

For catching the fuel in the line and soaking it up *before* it goes all over the place as you detach the fuel line from the tank spigot...

:D

S.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I just raise the rear of the tank with one hand and remove the connector with the other. Never had an issue with them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts