Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 2012 800xc and when I first started it after purchase only one of the LCD bars lit up even though it had a full tank of gas. I took off and rode it for 6 hours and all the LCD magically started working shortly after starting out. Two days later the LCD's stopped working.

Any ideas other than connections? The same thing has happened to my 2011 Speed Triple. Can someone help me out on how I test the fuel level sending unit or whatever I need to test to start to trouble shoot this?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Two things are going on. First, it is normal after a fill for the fuel gauge to gradually register full, usually after a mile or two. This is not related to the bars disappearing all together, That could be a bad connection or a bad sending unit.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sending unit, it is part of the fuel pump assembly unit isn't it? Can it be purchased separately?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
The sending unit, it is part of the fuel pump assembly unit isn't it? Can it be purchased separately?
I don't know. I have never replaced a fuel pump/sending unit on my EFI Triumph. All of my other Triumphs were/are carbed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts