Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ive just had the guage replaced on my 06 tigger but mine was doing the opposite

e.g full tank guage would drop to empty & light come on it would do that for 5 mins then clear & ok & then I realised the light was not working when the needle was in the red so I ran the bike until it stopped (petrol can in top box) & no light yet the light worked when I first put the ignition on.

Triumph replaced the guage & is all fine now

Just for the record Ive got a race can,remap & k & N air filt & the bike does more mpg than std however I ride it so Im really impressed with it & the performance.

245m to the tank

·
Registered
134 Posts
That was the fault with mine "low fuel signal" when the dealer code read it so I would think its along the same lines.

I find its worth having a talk with the mechanic they can really put you in the picture especially if you are handy with the spanners.

But I would just take it in cause its under warranty & their problem.

As for the klr its great my mate has a 650 & he loves it too bits to be honest I bought it in august & ive done more miles on it than tigger :( :( :( :(

But it does the muddy slippy rocky stuff really well but can lack a bit of poke on occasions so Im looking to see what happens with trail riding over here then I may swap it ofr a dr400Z or a klx350 xr400 or something like that or if the uppity useless stupid government of ours ban it then Ill compliment the tigger & klr with a nice cruiser for the summer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.