Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked back through some dated posts, and noted where a few had experienced an errant guage/light combination.

My situtation is with an intermittent LOW FUEL light while the guage is working properly. Tank can be completely full, fuel guage all the way to the top, and the LOW FUEL light will occasionally come on. Cycle the key a few times, and it will usually go away.

I'm guessing that the fuel level sensor controls the reading of the fuel guage, and eventually the LOW FUEL light once it gets low enough to trigger a resistance reading.

All connections are tight with electic grease in all connectors.

Is this one of those re-tune issues, or is there something I'm missing?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MALC,

Thanks for your inputs. Nice to see another Tiger/KLR combo.

I do have LED's installed, but I don't believe that would cause the issue. I will check and replace with the incandescent bulb for giggles.

Since it doesn't appear that this is a common occurrence, I guess I will have to take it to the dealer...still under warranty. I don’t know why the ECU would send a LOW FUEL signal all on its own…so I guess I need to look closer at the connections before I take it in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.