Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked back through some dated posts, and noted where a few had experienced an errant guage/light combination.

My situtation is with an intermittent LOW FUEL light while the guage is working properly. Tank can be completely full, fuel guage all the way to the top, and the LOW FUEL light will occasionally come on. Cycle the key a few times, and it will usually go away.

I'm guessing that the fuel level sensor controls the reading of the fuel guage, and eventually the LOW FUEL light once it gets low enough to trigger a resistance reading.

All connections are tight with electic grease in all connectors.

Is this one of those re-tune issues, or is there something I'm missing?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ive just had the guage replaced on my 06 tigger but mine was doing the opposite

e.g full tank guage would drop to empty & light come on it would do that for 5 mins then clear & ok & then I realised the light was not working when the needle was in the red so I ran the bike until it stopped (petrol can in top box) & no light yet the light worked when I first put the ignition on.

Triumph replaced the guage & is all fine now

Just for the record Ive got a race can,remap & k & N air filt & the bike does more mpg than std however I ride it so Im really impressed with it & the performance.

245m to the tank

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MALC,

Thanks for your inputs. Nice to see another Tiger/KLR combo.

I do have LED's installed, but I don't believe that would cause the issue. I will check and replace with the incandescent bulb for giggles.

Since it doesn't appear that this is a common occurrence, I guess I will have to take it to the dealer...still under warranty. I don’t know why the ECU would send a LOW FUEL signal all on its own…so I guess I need to look closer at the connections before I take it in.

·
Registered
134 Posts
That was the fault with mine "low fuel signal" when the dealer code read it so I would think its along the same lines.

I find its worth having a talk with the mechanic they can really put you in the picture especially if you are handy with the spanners.

But I would just take it in cause its under warranty & their problem.

As for the klr its great my mate has a 650 & he loves it too bits to be honest I bought it in august & ive done more miles on it than tigger :( :( :( :(

But it does the muddy slippy rocky stuff really well but can lack a bit of poke on occasions so Im looking to see what happens with trail riding over here then I may swap it ofr a dr400Z or a klx350 xr400 or something like that or if the uppity useless stupid government of ours ban it then Ill compliment the tigger & klr with a nice cruiser for the summer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts