Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the fuel gauge is a little slow to register new fuel going in, but mine has stopped working all together, it done it yesterday for a bit but when I got down the road I noticed it started working, the bike had been idle for a good 5 mins before that, the bike is still only a week old and it's going for it's first service next Saturday, but I'd like to know is anyone else having this problem with the gauge?

·
Registered
109 Posts
The bike needs to start rolling for it to register. It only changes if you're riding it.

Enviado do meu SM-G955F através do Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,688 Posts
My 2013 takes a while to register a refill - maybe about 1/4 mile, but once it has it, it stays. The only time it lost the reading was when I was having electrical problems. Yours has that new-fangled dash, right? Based on what I've read here, it seems to have a few bugs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it does have the new dash, I've been out on since starting this thread and this what happened,

As I said my fuel gauge didn't register until about a mile away but then it only went up to half way when it should've been nearly full, by the time I get to the petrol station it's reading somewhere as it should so I fill up, get back on the bike and it appears to be fine, I went for 30 mile...ish ride, and I've been out to check the gauge a couple of times since I've been home and it's as it should be now showing how much Iv'e got without even starting the bike!!!

So I suppose it's just another little issue to tell the dealer when I take it back for it's service next Saturday

·
Premium Member
8,688 Posts
Hopefully, a reflash of something will sort it for good. I hate electrical/electronic issues. When mine went blank it pretty much took everything with it. If it happened while the bike was running, my entire display would go blank and the rev counter would drop to 0, but the bike would continue to run. If it happened when stopped, the bike wouldn't even try to start. No gauge sweep, no display, no fuel pump prime, no nothing. It was finally traced to a loose wire in the gauge pod connector.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That sucks dude, I really thought this bike was gonna be the dogs Bollocks but the little things have taken the shine off if I'm honest, don't get me wrong I love being out on the bike and throwing it into the twisties but like I say it's the little things that are getting on my nerves

·
Premium Member
8,688 Posts
Don't worry, you'll get them sorted, then it will be all smiles. I've had mine since March 2013, and still can't see myself riding anything else.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't worry, you'll get them sorted, then it will be all smiles. I've had mine since March 2013, and still can't see myself riding anything else.
I really hope so dude because paying £8,500 for a new bike and not fulfilling it's potential is kinda worrying and a bit disappointing

·
Premium Member
8,688 Posts
Would it help if I said it's all part of its "character?"

:eek:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I took her for her first service today and mechanic in the shop put all my fears to rest.... thankfully, so I just thought I'd tell you what he said for anyone else having this issue, he basically agreed with what I was saying about fuel gauge not registering and it being a fault, but because it was working fine (like I said in an earlier post) there was nothing he could do except phone Triumph on Monday and see what they say.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I took her for her first service today and mechanic in the shop put all my fears to rest.... thankfully, so I just thought I'd tell you what he said for anyone else having this issue, he basically agreed with what I was saying about fuel gauge not registering and it being a fault, but because it was working fine (like I said in an earlier post) there was nothing he could do except phone Triumph on Monday and see what they say.
I have the same,
what did the mechanic tell you?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the 2019 speed triple with the same issue. Just tells me I’m out of gas constantly even after going through a few tanks. Was it just the fuel sender or what did the mechanic say?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm beginning to believe that all fuel injected bikes have issues with their fuel gauge readings. Lurking on other bikes sites, I see this type thread. I've gotten to the point that I average my previous tanks distances and when my low fuel warning appears, I start paying attention to the distance I've traveled. My FZ07 will go around 35-40 miles after the low fuel light comes on. The amount to fill up is nothing close to the factory stated tank capacity.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts